Illustration Friday is a weekly drawing challenge and participatory art exhibit. Every Friday a new topic is posted and you have one week to come up with your own, unique interpretation. Anyone who likes to draw, paint, sculpt, doodle or color can participate. This week’s topic is talent.
The first thing I do when I participate in the weekly topics is to look up the meaning of word in a dictionary even though I think that I know what that means:
- a special natural ability or aptitude: a talent for drawing.
- a capacity for achievement or success; ability: young men of talent.
- a talented person: The cast includes many of the theater’s major talents.
- a group of persons with special ability: an exhibition of watercolors by the local talent
- more than 70 percent of employees don’t feel valued by their employers.
- more than 60% don’t feel their career goals are aligned with the plans their employers have for them.
- more than 30% believe they’ll be working someplace else inside of 12 months.
“As with most things in the corporate world, there is too much process built upon theory and not nearly enough practice built on experience”.